With compassion, non-judgement, patience and deep-rooted calm, I specialize in breaths of fresh air, rays of sunshine, and wing adjustments. Mostly.
Sometimes this looks like helping people to be in their bodies through simple but thoughtful movement. Sometime this looks like leading a group of rowdy fitness rebels through a Pound® session. And sometimes, usually, it's just about showing up and allowing people to feel good to be themselves. I also paint, garden, and bake - sometimes for profit, more often for relaxation.
To embody joy while encouraging others to do the same.
...in all the wild, wonderful, weird, beautiful, ridiculous, playful, powerful ways we can think of.
What my clients have to say
- Her insight and guidance were spot on. Her gift truly comes from a place of love and understanding. Her perspective on issues and awareness of me was amazing. I could feel and tell a huge difference almost immediately following our first session. After our second one, I was totally relaxed, at peace, and ready to work on ME and my "homework" she assigned.
- This work with Shamsi brought me more opportunities for healing my soul than I even knew I existed. ...It helped me find clarity and understanding of wounds from this life that I struggled to pinpoint by myself. ...I felt layers upon layers of heaviness lifted.
- I am a business person, a pragmatist and a public person, and I enthusiastically endorse Shamsi and encourage anyone to give themselves the privilege of an experience with her talents as both a see-er and generally an inspiring spirit that I have come to be deeply grateful to know.
- Shamsi is a little like sitting down and having a talk with the smarter side of yourself, the most positive side of your self. She has helped me to remember my dreams and encouraged me in areas where doubtful thinking had taken over. I am awake now and intrigued.
- As a performer and entertainer, “Shamsi exudes a presence in her dance that is a force of nature—intense, seductive, and above all entertaining!—”
- Shamsi is everything I was hoping for in a dance teacher. She is patient, encouraging, clear, and intuitive. She inspires me to be a better dancer with every word from her mouth and move of her body. She made me realize that I was a dancer even before I set foot in the studio. If you ever thought that dancing wasn’t for you, think again. Shamsi can help you soar.
- Shamsi’s instruction has lead me to a much greater awareness of mind, body, and spirit. I have not only become a much more confident and skilled dancer, but a healthier, stronger, more confident person.
- As a former ballet dancer, bellydancing was a huge leap for me. Shamsi’s passion and expertise opened up this new world of dance for me. She has a way of explaining movements through visualization that is almost immediately effective and pretty damn funny, too.